The theme for the UAS Journal issue 3/2022 is Leadership & management, administration, and quality in universities (of applied sciences).
The issue aims to answer:
- What kind of future universities (of applied sciences) have from the perspective of leadership & management, administration, or quality?
- What is the role of a university of applied sciences in the future as an independent actor?
- How is pedagogy managed with quality – how do we ensure that pedagogy is not dominated by RDI in management? How will we still be able to offer high-quality teaching?
- Does money talk in everything – will economic guidance walk all over information and policy guidance?
- What other options universities have but fusions and networking?
- What is the role of universities in providing well-being services: will universities next take care of students’ (energy) poverty?
- What are new and working forms of leadership & management in universities?
- What kind of solutions can be found for administrative costs that have jumped through the roof?
We hope to receive expert article submissions both from universities of applied sciences and outside of them. In addition to articles, the text candidates may be more free-form reviews, contributions to discussion, interviews, and specialist texts commenting leadership & management, quality, and administration. The texts may also present cases of collaboration between universities of applied sciences and companies, international partners, or other actors. You may also suggest audiovisual content.
The maximum length of a specialist article is 10,000 characters, a review 4,000 characters and less formally structured texts about 3,000 characters (incl. spaces). Detailed instructions for authors can be found on https://uasjournal.fi/in-english/instructions-for-writers
We encourage you in cowriting with writers representing the world of work and/or students. You may write in Finnish, Swedish, or English.
- Article submissions should be sent to the theme editors in the following address karoliina.nikula(at)laurea.fi by 12 March 2023.
- Feedback on the articles will be sent by 31 March 2023.
- Send your final version by the end of week 15, 2023.
- The issue will be published during the week 21.
- Jussi Kivistö, Professor, Tampere University
- Kati Komulainen, President, CEO at VAMK, Vaasa University of Applied Sciences
- Ilkka Kurkela, Development Manager, Laurea University of Applied Sciences
- Karoliina Nikula, Principal Lecturer, Laurea University of Applied Sciences