We are warmly welcoming you to write in the UAS Journal issue 4/2021!
The last theme issue of the year 2021 brings together the themes of sustainable development and responsibility that have been on display throughout the year. The year 2021 has also been a theme year for sustainable development and corporate responsibility in the Finnish universities of applied sciences. Several UASs have launched development measures to strengthen their procedures. This development work has been supported via the Arene’s “The Sustainable, Responsible, and Carbonneutral Universities of Applied Sciences” program. Through this program UASs will build a globally sustainable, reasonable, and fair future.
We welcome the articles with the perspectives of learning, education, RDI, management, and networking and stakeholder in the issue. In particular, examples of concrete development measures or policies are welcome.
Some examples for the perspectives of the articles:
- Case examples in education presenting good practices in sustainable development and responsibility.
- Sustainable development and responsibility as a part of regional impact.
- What will a sustainable and responsible UAS look like in 2030 and how will it be achieved?
- Networking as a part of UAS’ sustainable development and accountability activities.
- How have sustainable development and responsibility been integrated into international cooperation?
- Sustainable development and responsibility as a part of staff competence?
- UASs carbon handprint / carbon footprint.
Expert articles from UASs as well as from other organisations are welcome for the thematic issue. Additionally, informal reviews, speeches, interviews and expert commentary on the topic are welcome and will be published alongside the articles.
The maximum lengths (including spaces) are:
- an expert article 10 000 characters
- review 4 000 characters
- less formal texts around 3 000 characters.
Detailed instructions for writers can be found from the UAS Journal web pages: Instructions for authors – UAS Journal
The selections of writings are made in two phases. In the first phase, we ask you to supply an abstract of max. 200 words. In the second phase, authors selected on the basis of abstracts are asked to submit the full text. All material is requested to be submitted as Microsoft Word files. The evaluation examines the novelty and timeliness, clarity and readability of the writings, as well as its suitability for the theme of the publication. We also strive to select manuscripts as comprehensively as possible from different UASs. Publications in English and Swedish are also desirable. The editorial board has the right to exclude the offered content from the theme number even after the delivery of the entire text.
- By the 3rd of September 2021: send your abstract to the quest editors at sanna.tyni(at)lapinamk.fi.
- By the 17th of September 2021: responses based on the abstract will be sent to the writers.
- By the 8th of October 2021: send your full paper to the quest editors at sanna.tyni(at)lapinamk.fi.
- By the 29th of October 2021: feedback will be sent to the correspondence authors.
- By the 12th of November 2021: send the final version of your paper to the quest editors at sanna.tyni(at)lapinamk.fi.
- The theme issue 4/2021 will be published at the week of 48.
When submitting the abstracts and articles, the subject of the e-mail will be: UAS Journal article proposal and writing category (article/review/statement/interview). For articles by multiple authors, we kindly ask you to choose only one correspondence writer to be in contact with the theme editors. We give only one feedback for the selected texts.
The UAS Journal 4/2021 quest editors:
Sanna Tyni, Ph.D., Principal Lecturer, Lapland University of Applied Sciences, sanna.tyni(at)lapinamk.fi
Helena Kangastie, M.Sc., Senior Specialist, Lapland University of Applied Sciences
Pia Haapea, Lic.Sc. (Tech.), Principal Lecturer, LAB University of Applied Sciences
We warmly welcome to write and spread this call for papers,
Sanna, Helena ja Pia