Please join us and write in the UAS Journal issue 3/2021!
UAS Journal 3/2021 has the theme of responsibility, separated in categories of pedagogical leadership,and equality and equity. The submission should deal with some of the following topics:
- How can pedagogical leadership support the teachers’ work?
- Is leading a higher education institution pedagogical operation?
- What are the characteristics of pedagogical leadership in higher education institutions – how can one identify pedagogical leadership?
- What kind of a role does the university lecturer have in pedagogical leadership?
- RDI and pedagogical leadership – are research and development activities pedagogical operations?
Equality and equity:
- Examples of concrete measures in promoting equality and equity in higher education institutions
- Challenges and successes in promoting, implementing and measuring the implementation of equality and equity in teaching, guidance and overall functioning of the higher education community.
We hope to receive expert article submissions both from universities of applied sciences and outside of them. You may also submit less formal reviews, summaries, and interviews, as well as commentaries about responsibility.
The maximum lengths including spaces are as follows:
- an expert article 10,000 characters
- review 4,000 characters
- less formal texts around 3,000 characters.
See for more advice in the instructions for writers.
This issue 3/2021 has two-phase submission process. In the first phase we ask you to submit an abstract of around 200 words. We will ask the authors of chosen abstracts to write a full paper. The editorial office has the right to exclude submitted content from the themed issue.
- Send your abstract to the guest editors at merja.drake(at)haaga-helia.fi by Friday, 16 April 2021.
- Response based on the abstract will be sent by 7 May 2021.
- Send your full paper to the guest editors at merja.drake(at)haaga-helia.fi by 15 August 2021.
- Feedback will be sent to the corresponding author by 10 September 2021.
- Send your final version by 27 September 2021.
Please write in your email headline: UAS Journal submission, and category (article, review, summary, interview). In case of several authors please name a corresponding author. We give chosen texts feedback only once.
Merja Drake, PhD, Principal Lecturer, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
Eeva Kuoppala, PhD (Ed.), Director of Education Administration, South-Eastern University of Applied Sciences, XAMK
Kimmo Mäki, PhD (Econ.), Lic.Ed., Principal Lecturer, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
Liisa Vanhanen-Nuutinen, PhD, Principal Lecturer, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
The issue will be published during the week 41.
Please share this call for papers!