The Ministry of Education and Culture has set the goal for internationalisation to strengthen the quality of Finnish higher education and research and to achieve a globally recognized forefront position by 2025. Higher education institutions have set measurable goals for international activities and activities supporting the goal for both education as well as research, development and innovation.
The thematic issue examines internationality in higher education extensively and from several angles. Texts on the development of an international and inclusive higher education culture, international education programs, co-operation projects in education and research, and education exports from both student and staff perspectives are welcome. Reviews and interviews on the temporal change and future prospects of the internationalisation of universities of applied sciences are also needed.
The articles in the issue have a two-step process in place according to the following schedule:
- Abstracts should be sent to the guest editors by 12 September 2022 at cwg(at)arcada.fi. The abstract contains max. 200 words, including a job title and a description of the content of the article. In addition to this, the authors and the contact detail of the responsible author must be included.
- Replies to the responsible writer will be sent no later than the week beginning 19 September 2022.
- The manuscripts must be sent to the guest editors by 28 October 2022. Instructions for writers can be found at https://uasjournal.fi/kirjoita-lehteen/kirjoitusohjeet/. Please follow them closely.
- Feedback on manuscripts will be sent to the responsible writer in the week beginning 7 November 2022.
- The finalized version of the manuscript will be delivered to guest editors by 21 November 2022.
The issue will be published during the week 49.
Camilla Wikström-Grotell, TtT, Director academic partnerships, Arcada UAS
Sirpa Laitinen-Väänänen, TtT, Principal Researcher, JAMK University of Applies sciences, School of Professional Teacher Education
Mohamed Asheesh, TkT, Principal Lecturer. Oulu University of Applied Sciences. School of Engineering and Natural Resource.
Kindly pass on the author invitation in your organization and networks!